Ear infection treatment
Ear infection treatment is the focus of our conversation today, which aims to know how to get the best treatment methods in cases of ear infection, especially in adults, and on this basis, the best treatment depends on several factors, most notably the correct diagnosis of the patient and knowledge of the main causes of ear infection and the most important symptoms associated with that condition .
Adam's pharmacy has medicines that help treat ear infection. You can order them from the site and ask for advice from the specialized pharmacist.
What is an ear infection?
Otitis media is an infection of the middle ear or the area inside the eardrum that usually begins with infection.
What also causes:
- Sore throat
- Other respiratory problems
- This infection extends to the middle ear, and it can be caused by viruses or bacteria, and it can be acute or chronic, and it can affect both ears at the same time, and this inflammation may be acute or chronic.
Types of ear infections Ear
infections are divided into three main types, as the following lines explain:
This type of inflammation appears in the form of a boil and if this boil is neglected, it worsens to include inflammation of the outer ear completely, and this condition is called swimmer's ear infection, and this inflammation occurs due to Types of bacteria such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Proteus common.
The patient suffers from pain in the affected ear in addition to hearing loss if the ear canal is swollen.
It should be noted that the accumulation of water in the ear canal using cotton is one of the most important risk factors for otitis externa.
This type of infection is very important, as it is divided into two types and causes severe pain and fever, and its types are:
- Acute otitis media
- This inflammation is rapid and short in duration and results from the accumulation of fluid in the middle ear with the appearance of some signs or symptoms of infection in the ear.
- In addition, the eardrum is sometimes swollen and perforated, often due to a blockage of the Eustachian tube and a person may develop a fever.
Chronic otitis media
This type of ear infection is a persistent inflammation of the middle ear, and this inflammation lasts for up to 3 months, and this is the difference between it and acute otitis media that lasts only for several weeks.
This type of infection may damage the middle ear and eardrum, and there may be constant leakage of fluid through a hole in the eardrum.
Chronic middle ear infections often occur without pain or fever, as the sensation of pressure in the ear persists for several sensations, and in some cases this inflammation may cause hearing loss.
infection Inner ear infection, also called labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis, is a type of ear infection that makes the patient feel dizzy, in addition to hearing tinnitus in the affected ear.
Treatment of ear infection
Some cases may not need treatment, and we will learn about the best methods used in treating ear infection for adults, including the following:
- Antibiotics are used to speed up healing process, but it may not be effective against infections caused by viruses.
- Your doctor may prescribe some medicated ear drops to treat symptoms of pain.
- The doctor prescribes some pain relievers such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. These medicines help many adults to treat and relieve pain associated with inflammation.
- Using decongestants and antihistamines such as pseudoephedrine or diphenhydramine can also help relieve symptoms of excess mucus in the eustachian tube.
- It is essential to diagnose the root cause of an ear infection to avoid recurrence of the infection and its complications.
remedies for ear infection
Although there is no scientific research confirming or proving the benefit of alternative home remedies in treating ear infection, there is agreement that these remedies are safe if applied at home, especially since ear pain is one of the problems that may disappear due to that.
But you find that these treatments can be applied in simple cases, or to relieve pain before consulting a doctor, from these methods we remind you:
- Warm or cold water compresses can be used, which help relieve ear pain and reduce inflammation, and it is recommended to use compresses for 20 minutes, with procedures Next:
- Putting compresses on the pharynx, ie on the neck.
- The compresses should not be too hot.
- Lack of sleep and hot compresses are present.
- In the case of cold compresses, ice cubes are placed inside a napkin or paper towel.
- Apply compresses for 20 minutes.
- Avoid applying cold compresses to the skin for a long time.
- Massage is an effective method in cases of ear pain caused by lower jaw pain, teeth and tension headaches, as it helps relax the muscles around the neck and allows fluids to escape from the ear. The massage process can be applied as follows:
- massaging the pain area.
- Massage the muscles around the area of pain, especially the jaw and neck.
- Putting pressure on the back of the ear and then down the neck and then up towards the ear to relieve the pain of an ear infection.
- Adjusting the sleeping position to the right way is one of the effective ways to get rid of earache. Sleeping in a lying position at a 45-degree angle can relieve ear pain by helping to drain fluid accumulated inside the ear. It is possible to sleep in the correct position, using a set of pillows, and sleeping in an upright position to allow fluid to drain from inside the ear.
- Ear pain may be due to the difference in atmospheric pressure, and this difference occurs when riding a plane or when driving a car, a condition in which chewing gum can be used to balance pressure and relieve pain, especially since chewing helps relieve pressure inside and thus relieve pain.
- Gargling with salt water: This method is used to treat the problem of ear pain in adults, because salt helps relieve pharyngeal pain and works to draw fluid accumulated in the middle ear through the Eustachian tube, which reduces pressure inside the ear and thus relieves pain.
- Olive oil is a popular remedy for most people to relieve earache, although the effectiveness of this remedy has not been proven, the doctors of the American Academy of Pediatrics agree that using hot olive oil drops is safe and can relieve small ears. Pain, but we advise people who suffer from ear pain to contact a doctor before using this type of treatment, and make sure that the temperature of the oil is close to body temperature to avoid burning the eardrum.
These were the most important ways to treat an ear infection, and if your infection is simple, you can seek advice from the specialized pharmacist at Adam's Pharmacy through the website or by calling the phone.