Treatment of the common cold in adults
Treatment of common cold in adults, but is it effective? In fact, nothing can cure the common cold. However, some treatments may help relieve symptoms and prevent further deterioration, the most important of which is the use of Otosan nasal spray , which helps relieve the symptoms of colds as it is anti-congestion and inflammation and reduces sinus sensitivity.
Symptoms of the common cold
Before talking about how to treat colds in adults, it is necessary to identify the symptoms and signs that indicate colds and the symptoms associated with them.
It may be similar to the symptoms of influenza, but the symptoms of influenza are more severe and of longer duration and are accompanied by a dry cough, but it may be accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea.
Symptoms that may accompany the common cold:
- Runny nose and stuffy nose are among the most important symptoms.
- Sore throat.
- , feeling aches in the body, fatigue.
How to treat colds in adults Treating colds in adults
may require going to the doctor in several cases, including:
- Severe sore throat.
- Constant headache.
- Fever that persists for several days or returns after a period of recovery.
- Shortness of breath and wheezing in the chest.
And as we mentioned earlier, the common cold is a viral disease that cannot be treated with antibiotics, unlike bacterial diseases that can be treated with antibiotics, but there are ways on how to treat and relieve colds in adults, including:
- Try drinking plenty of water, fluids and warm lemon, which in turn Fight infection, avoid alcohol and caffeine, as they cause dehydration.
- A sore throat can be relieved by gargling a small amount of salt dissolved in warm water.
- Eat warm soups such as stew, chicken soup, etc.
- saline nose drops or nasal sprays Over-the-counter
- It is best to take a break during illness as it reduces the chance of illness to prolong its duration.
- Use some pain relievers to relieve symptoms of fever and inflammation.
Complications of the common cold
After talking about how to treat the common cold in adults, we remind you of the complications caused by the common cold in the patient, where the cold lasts for about a week, and if the duration increases, the patient must visit the doctor.
Among the most important of these complications of the common cold are the following:
- Bronchitis: It is accompanied by a persistent cough for more than two weeks and is usually caused by viruses, and its symptoms are: congestion and chest pain, shortness of breath, sore throat, wheezing and chills.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is a very serious disease that must be treated immediately, and it occurs due to filling of the air sacs in the lung with fluid, which impedes the delivery of oxygen to the bloodstream, and its symptoms: chills, headache, extreme fatigue, blue or gray discoloration in the area around the mouth Shortness of breath, frequent cough and pain.
- Ear infections: especially otitis media, which can be easily treated by using Otosan ear spray with prescription medications.
- Sinusitis: occurs when mucus collects in the sinus passages, which can be treated with pain relievers and decongestants, and symptoms of sinusitis include pain near the eye and nose area, in addition to a severe headache, fever, and an unpleasant mouth odor.