Treating nasal infections
Many people suffer from sinus infections, for many reasons, and the largest percentage is due to infections that have no cure, and people continue to ask about treating nasal infections at home, without the need to take medications or antibiotics.
Treating nasal infections at home
You can do the following at home to treat sinus infections and relieve their symptoms:
- Take a break.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen.
- Stay away from substances that irritate the sinuses, such as: smoke, dust and pet dander.
- Clean your nose with salt water, one teaspoon of salt per cup of water, to reduce congestion or use Otosan Daily Nasal
- Rinse. Inhale the steam of hot water.
- Drink a hot ginger drink to reduce congestion and headaches.
How can sinus infections be prevented?
After learning about ways to treat nasal infections, here are ways to prevent them:
- Keep the nasal passages clean by rinsing the nose with tap water or a mixture of water and salt, and blowing the nose gently during cold times.
- Avoid exposure to sharp changes in temperature.
- Avoid exposure to sharp changes in atmospheric pressure such as: diving, especially for people who are prone to sinusitis.
- Maintain oral and dental hygiene on a permanent basis.
- Avoid smoking.
- Maintain a balanced diet.
Treating sinuses with olive oil Olive
oil contains anti-inflammatory substances that have healing properties to fight viruses, bacteria and parasites that infect the sinuses.
It contains vitamin E, D, carotene and antioxidants, all of which reduce nasal infections and treat respiratory problems.
Methods of treating rhinitis with olive oil
- Drip olive oil directly into the nose three times a day, as this oil acts as a laxative to get rid of dry nose.
- Put a little olive oil on a cotton bud and insert it into the nose.
- Rinse with half a small cup of olive oil, and I don't mind swallowing this oil three times a day for a week, because this recipe cures sinus problems and allergies at the same time.
Treating sinuses with onions
Onions are one of the most useful substances that help cleanse the sinuses.
Just add the sliced onion to the boiling water, boil it for 5-7 minutes and inhale the steam.
You can also chop some small onions and inhale its aroma directly as it relieves you from the discomforts of sinusitis.
Eating raw onions will also be a better effective way to treat rhinitis.
Treating rhinitis with acupuncture Acupuncture
is an essential part of traditional Chinese medicine, which involves applying pressure to specific points on the body to relieve pain or symptoms of illness.
Acupuncture has long been used to treat colds, flu, and sinus problems. It can be performed at home or by a professional practitioner.