Natural Dandruff Treatment at Home
In this article, we show you how to treat dandruff. Dandruff is a common scalp disorder among children and adults in which dead scalp skin cells flake off and often fall onto your shoulder and clothes, making you look unwell.
Natural Dandruff Treatment at Home
If you are wondering how to treat dandruff permanently, all you have to do is take preventative measures to avoid dandruff.
We mean simple home remedies to keep flaky, itchy scalps at bay. Remember, the goal is to prevent an oily scalp and banish dandruff-causing germs.
Do this by shampooing your hair before it gets too greasy and using home dandruff remedies as mentioned below.
How do you fight dandruff? Here is a list of all the ingredients found at home to help you treat dandruff naturally.
An important point to consider when choosing dandruff treatments is the type of skin of the scalp - not all home remedies are suitable for all skin types.
Lemon Juice Citrus
fruits like lemons are rich in vitamin C which helps protect cells from damage. That's why lemon juice has been used with its health benefits for hundreds of years.
Lemon juice is a home remedy for dandruff. It contains vitamin C, citric acid, flavonoids, and iron, which are vital for healthy, dandruff-free hair.
Citric acid balances the pH level of the scalp and strengthens the hair follicles. The vitamin C in lemon has antioxidant properties that allow collagen production to help repair damaged skin cells. Lemon juice is also easy to make.
How to use lemon juice to treat dandruff at home?
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon only and massage your scalp well for 2-3 minutes
- and then leave it for another 1-2 minutes
- Alternatively, you can mix lemon juice with coconut oil and then use it
- and then after using a mild shampoo (preferably herbal ), rinse your hair with a teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice a week for the next 3-4 weeks. You will see visible results in the first week or two
- . Alternatively, you can mix lemon juice with amla powder and coconut or olive oil and use it as a hair pack to effectively treat dandruff at home.
Curd for home dandruff removal
Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties make curd a natural anti-dandruff product.
There are many different ways you can apply curd to your hair, including mixing it with other substances like lemon juice or aloe vera. It's also easy to find at your local grocery store, making it an easily accessible treatment option.
How to use curd to treat dandruff at home?
- Take a bowl of curd and apply it to your scalp. Gently massage your scalp and
- leave it for 30-45 minutes, not more.
- You can also make a hair mask for dandruff by using ripe bananas, olive oil, and fresh yogurt.
- This is a very effective home remedy for dandruff and also nourishes the hair.
- Make sure to rinse your bowl of yogurt with a mild (sulfate-free) shampoo.
- once a week for at least 2-3 weeks to see the best results
. It gives your hair more shine and makes it look soft and silky, which makes it suitable against dandruff.
Apple cider vinegar is an effective natural remedy for dandruff. It contains acetic acid that helps balance the pH level of your scalp.
Apple cider vinegar is a home remedy for dandruff and dry scalp because it removes all the buildup on your scalp.
. Simply add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the water, rinse your hair with it after shampooing, and then watch for results.
How to use apple cider vinegar to treat dandruff at home?
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with an equal part of water in a spray bottle. Spray
- it on your hair and massage it into your itchy scalp for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water after 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this twice a week for a month to see better. Result
A Natural Dandruff Remedy
Ginger has a variety of solid therapeutic and preventative effects and has been used for thousands of years, making it a reliable and safe home remedy for dandruff.
Ginger is one of the oldest and most well-tested remedies for dandruff. Ginger oil acts as a natural antiseptic and helps reduce an itchy scalp. As a cleanser, it preserves the fungal bacteria and rids you of dandruff. It's also a component that can be easily retrieved at any store near you, making it a convenient and accessible option.
How to use ginger to treat dandruff naturally?
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of grated ginger juice
- Mix it with olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Massage your itchy scalp for 5-10 minutes and leave it on for another 10-20 minutes
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo
- Use the freshly grated ginger mixture for the next month to see the Best Results
Tea tree oil as a home remedy for dandruff
Tea tree oil (melaleuca oil) has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that can help treat dandruff. Its soothing properties provide relief from the constant itching and white flakes on the scalp.
How to use tea tree oil as a natural dandruff remedy
- Mix 4-5 drops of tea tree oil with olive oil, argan oil, or coconut oil.
- Massage onto your scalp for 5-10 minutes and leave on for another 30 minutes
- Rinse with a sulfate-free shampoo
- Use 2-3 times a week for 2-3 weeks to see effective results
Baking soda as a natural dandruff remedy Baking soda is
believed to help cleanse the scalp and eliminate dandruff.
Using baking soda for dandruff and hair has many benefits:
Baking soda is known to absorb excess sebum produced by the scalp. It also helps in removing grease and oils from the scalp which are the main cause of dandruff.
Baking soda has antifungal properties. It helps to get rid of the bacteria that cause dandruff by chewing the scalp oil.
Using baking soda may also help soothe the scalp, which leads to decreased oil production. This may be because it balances the pH of the scalp.
How to use baking soda as a home remedy for dandruff:
- Wet your hair and then apply a mixture of 2 tablespoons of baking soda and water to your wet scalp
- Massage it in for 1-2 minutes and leave it on for an additional 2 minutes
- Rinse with a mild sulfate-free shampoo
- Use twice a week for 2-4 weeks Coming to see the desired result.
Thus, we have finished clarifying the treatment of dandruff with effective home methods.