Cold treatment at home
The common cold is one of the most common diseases among individuals, as it is more common in the winter, due to various weather fluctuations such as exposure to sunlight or very cold air. There are many symptoms that indicate a cold; Such as a noticeably high body temperature, stuffy nose, strong cough throughout the day, constant sneezing, severe headache, and sore throat, so we will learn about a group of natural home recipes that help treat a cold at home.
Treating a cold at home
You can treat a cold at home, and treat a cold naturally by cleaning the nose regularly, cleaning the nose with salt water, drinking plenty of fluids, rest and adequate sleep, inhaling steam, using humidifiers, eating foods and vitamins such as probiotics and zinc, and there Some other methods are like taking a hot shower, improving sleep posture, and reducing stress.
Methods of treating a cold at home include:
- cleaning the nose in the correct way to get rid of mucus instead of inhaling it is a natural way to treat a cold by pressing with one of the fingers on one nostril while blowing to clean the other nostril, taking into account the blowing gently and not forcefully because this can cause The mucus that carries bacteria and germs pushes into the ear, causing pain.
- Cleaning the nose with saline water: The nose can be cleaned with saline, nasal drops, or sprays containing saline and can be used to treat colds naturally and treat colds at home because it calms the mucous cells of the nose. Thus, the effectiveness of nasal secretions increases, and it is recommended to repeat the process of washing the nose several times a day.
- Salt water is prepared to wash the nose, and treat colds naturally by putting an amount of table salt or sea salt in an amount of nine grams, equivalent to the amount of two teaspoons of salt, in a liter of hot water. Then you wait until the hot water cools down a bit and reaches room temperature.
- Clean the nose if saline solution is used, and treat colds naturally by following the following:
- Leaning on the sink and tilting the head aside.
- Keep the forehead and chin at the same level so that the liquid does not flow into the mouth.
- Inserting a specific nasal appliance nozzle, a small jug-like container with a long nozzle filled with saline solution, into the upper nostril to drain the solution from its lower counterpart, and repeating the same steps for the other nostril by tilting the head in the opposite direction to treat a cold at home.
- Squeeze one of the fingers on one nostril, put the salt water in the other nostril, if you are using a syringe without the tooth, and repeat this 2 to 3 times, then wash the other nostril in the same way to treat a common cold naturally.
Foods that help treat colds
There are many foods that help treat colds at home, we remind you of some of them:
- Honey is one of the natural recipes that treat colds quickly, because it contains antioxidants and infections And disinfectants that eliminate all dirt, germs and bacteria accumulated in the body.
- It can be used by mixing half a tablespoon of lemon juice with four teaspoons of lemon juice, mix them well for complete cohesion, cover the resulting mixture, leave for five minutes, and drink the resulting drink directly, or by eating a tablespoon of honey.
- Coconut is used by putting a sufficient amount of water on a medium heat, and leaving it to boil completely, adding six teaspoons of coconut, stirring well for a minute, and leaving the resulting mixture on medium heat for five minutes, until it boils well and eat a cup of the mixture output directly.
- Ginger is one of the natural herbs that treat colds, because it contains natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that kill all viruses and bacteria in the body. It is used by eating ginger alone, or drinking a warm ginger drink. A teaspoon of lemon juice or honey can be added to it, with the use of these The recipe is three times a day, to get an effective result within a few days.
- Garlic is one of the natural substances that treat many diseases that many people suffer from, because it contains natural properties that rid the body of all toxins and bacteria accumulated inside the body. Once a day to get the desired result.
- Onions are used by mixing six teaspoons of its fresh juice with two tablespoons of sugar or honey, heating the resulting mixture a little, and eating it directly, bearing in mind that it is not taken by children and infants.
- Vitamin C reduces the risk of getting colds when doing short and intense sports such as running or skiing, and it also reduces the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms, and it can be obtained by eating lemon, orange, grapefruit, strawberry, raspberry and sweet pepper.
- Zinc: Taking zinc-rich supplements helps treat colds naturally by strengthening the immune system, fighting the virus, and reducing cold or flu symptoms. It can also be obtained from some foods such as: red meat, shellfish, lentils, chickpeas, beans, nuts, and other products. Dairy, eggs. .
Tips for dealing with
a cold Adequate rest and sleep is one of the most important ways to naturally treat a cold at home, strengthen the immune system and fight the virus, as it was found that:
- Lack of sleep greatly increases the risk of colds, as it was found that people who sleep less than 7 hours during At night they are 3 times more likely to catch colds than those who sleep for 8 hours or more.
- Interrupted sleep did not show any effect on the individuals' health, but the number of hours showed negative effects.
- The number of hours of sleep is more important than any other factors such as age, level of stress around a person or whether or not they smoke or not to predict the chances of catching a cold.
- The number of hours the body needs to sleep to recover varies from person to person, and a person needs a period of 6 to 8 hours of good sleep during the night in order to be able to spend his day alert and able to do it. tasks effectively.
Drinking plenty of water and fluids is one of the most important ways to naturally treat a cold, and treat a cold at home because it keeps the nose, mouth and throat moist.
Thus, it helps to get rid of mucus and phlegm, and drinking hot liquids helps relieve nasal congestion and dryness and soothe the inflammation of the membranes in the nose and throat.
Drinking warm chicken or beef broth is an excellent way to treat a cold at home.
This is because it helps relieve nasal and sinus congestion by maintaining moisture.
It is also rich in minerals such as sodium, potassium and protein needed to strengthen immune cells.